If you’re looking for a Greater Milwaukee HVAC company, this quick reference guide should help you evaluate your choices and make a good decision about which company to hire.
Following are key questions and answers that will guide you in selecting among Greater Milwaukee HVAC companies.
How Can I Avoid Being Taken Advantage of by an HVAC Company?
This is a very common question among people who are experiencing problems with their home heating and cooling systems. The best way to ensure that the HVAC company you call will treat you fairly is to educate yourself on your HVAC choices and to ask questions of the companies you call.
Here are some of the best questions to ask:
- Are you an authorized dealer for a respected HVAC brand?
- Are your technicians NATE (North American Technicians Excellence) certified?
- How long have you been in business?• Do you give written estimates?
- What kind of parts and labor guarantee do you have?
- Can I call at any time if I have a heating or cooling emergency?
Do I Really Need to Replace My Heating and Cooling System?
There is no one right answer to that question, but there are guidelines that will help you determine if you are better off repairing your existing system or replacing it with a new system.
In general, repair is a good choice if:
- Your system is less than 15 years old and
- It has not required many repairs and
- The problem with your system is not a safety issue (like a cracked heat exchanger that could allow carbon monoxide into your house)
- The repair will cost $500 or less
Replacing your system may be best if:
- Your system is more than 15 years old
- It has required many repairs over the years• Repair costs for your system will approach $1000
Should I Get a Second Opinion?
Your home heating and cooling system is a big investment, both up front and long term. Heating and cooling costs account for around 40% of your energy bill each month. If you’re facing a big repair bill or replacement of your system, obtaining a second opinion is completely understandable. Top HVAC companies will not be offended if you want a second opinion before proceeding.
What Do I Look for In a Dayton/Northern Miami Valley HVAC Company?
- Have been in business for several years• Are happy to answer all your questions about your HVAC repair or replacement needs
- Offer service plans to help keep your system in optimum condition
- Don’t push you to replace a system when a repair is a reasonable option
- Offer round-the-clock customer service
If you need maintenance, repairs, or replacement of your home heating and cooling system, call New Berlin Heating at (262) 784-8889 at any time. It’s the first step toward having the energy-efficient heating and cooling your home deserves! You can also visit us online at www.newberlinheating.com