A few decades ago, new houses were built and were advertised as being energy efficient. This home design trend has developed to this day. Now, these houses are so energy efficient that some people report hundreds of dollars in yearly energy savings. Building an energy efficient home actually meant using better-designed windows and doors and sealing up the structure to stop the outside air from leaking in and the inside air from leaking out.
However, these energy efficient houses were becoming tighter and as a result, indoor air quality was being put in jeopardy. As the house gets tighter, the worse the condition becomes. Combustion or ventilation air is not able to penetrate into the house and combustion devices are being deficient in air. There is no replacement air for the exhaust fans to blow out which causes the house to de-pressurize. De-pressurizing a house can lead to a new set of problems including carbon monoxide poisoning.
Symptoms of a house that is too tight include:
- Mold or mildew growing in corners or cupboards
- Smoke escaping from the fireplace or wood stove
- Residual smoking or cooking odors and a general stale smell, especially in the mornings
- Condensation on the windows
- High humidity level that cannot be corrected
The good news is, RenewAire® created an innovative solution that can improve your indoor air. For maximum comfort, an energy recovery ventilator system catches heat from contaminated air before it is transferred outdoors. In this article, we will talk about the RenewAire® EV130 Energy Recovery Ventilator (ERV).
New Berlin Heating and Air Conditioning is an HVAC company in Muskego, WI that offers you solutions to improve the air that flows throughout your home.
Energy recovery ventilation systems provide a controlled way of ventilating a home while minimizing energy loss. They reduce the costs of heating ventilated air in the winter by moving heat from the warm inside exhaust air to the fresh outside supply air. In the summer, the inside air cools the warmer supply air to reduce cooling costs.
When to Consider Getting a Ventilator System
A ventilator system can be useful if your home has any of these issues:
- Tight construction helps save energy, but it can also make your air watery and muggy.
- Attached garages can contain contaminants such as car fumes that can seep into your home.
- Spray-foam insulation helps keep your home warm, but it also means that indoor air is continually re-circulated.
Features of the RenewAire® EV130 Energy Recovery Ventilator (ERV)
RenewAire® EV130 Energy Recovery Ventilator (ERV) is the technology that completes the HVAC system in your home, apartment or condominium. RenewAire exhausts pollutants and excess moisture. It efficiently recovers heat from the exhaust stream during cold weather.
If you live in a region with extreme weather, a RenewAire® EV130 Energy Recovery Ventilator (ERV) can help channel heat from inside your home and transfer it to incoming fresh air from outside. This allows your home to have greater comfort and helps control condensation during winter.
- Ventilation Type: Static plate, heat and humidity transfer
- Typical Airflow Range: 50-140 CFM
- Painted cabinet
- Line-cord power supply
- Low-voltage circuit for controls
- Unit may be mounted in any orientation
- Control: Onboard 24 VAC transformer/relay package with switched dry contacts
- Filters: Total qty. 2, MERV 8, spun-polyester media: 10 1/2″ x 10 1/2″ x 1″
- Unit Dimensions & Weight: 33 1/2″ L x 13 1/4″ W x 20″ H \ 48 lbs.
- Shipping Dimensions & Weight (in carton): 32″ L x 22″ W x 18″ H / 60 lbs.
- Motor(s): Qty. 1, Double-shaft standard motor
- Note: Electric Duct Heater and Indirect Gas-Fired Duct Furnace are not available on the EV130.
How New Berlin Heating and Air Conditioning Can Help
The RenewAire® EV130 Energy Recovery Ventilator (ERV) offers an effective and innovative way to help you and your family breathe clean, fresh air. New Berlin Heating and Air Conditioning is a proud partner of RenewAire® that distributes, installs, maintains, and repairs the EV130. Call us for more information and we’ll help you make the right decision. Be one of our satisfied Mukwonago customers who continuously depend on us for all their heating and air conditioning needs.