Did you know that there are roughly 3 billion people still cook and heat their homes using solid fuels such as wood, crop wastes, charcoal, coal, and dung in open fires and leaky stoves? Most of these people are poor, and live in low- and middle-income countries.
Such unproductive cooking fuels and technologies produce high levels of household air pollution with a range of health-damaging pollutants, including small soot particles that penetrate deep into the lungs. In poorly ventilated dwellings, indoor smoke can be 100 times higher than acceptable levels for fine particles. Exposure is particularly high among women and young children, who spend the most time indoors.
New Berlin Heating and Conditioning is an HVAC company in Brookfield, WI that is concerned not just about your comfort, but more importantly, your family’s overall health. For this reason, we partnered with Honeywell to give you the most efficient and modern ways to enhance your indoor air.
Poor Indoor Air Quality and Health
Almost half of the world’s population still cook and heat their homes using open fires and simple stoves burning biomass (wood, animal dung, and crop waste) and coal. Also, over 4 million people die prematurely from illness attributable to the household air pollution from cooking with solid fuels.
Approximately 50% of premature deaths due to pneumonia among children under 5 are caused by the particulate matter (soot) inhaled from household air pollution. Furthermore, 3.8 million premature deaths annually from noncommunicable diseases including stroke, ischaemic heart disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and lung cancer are attributed to exposure to indoor air pollution. (Source: who.int)
How Humidifiers Can Help
A humidifier uses a humidity-sensing control that turns the humidifier on and off and a water panel that adds water vapor to the circulated air when needed. In dry air conditions, the sensor detects the humidity level and adjusts the amount of added water vapor, giving your skin the moisture it needs and helping to keep your home from drying out.
Benefits of Using the Honeywell TrueEase Fan-Powered Humidifier HE300
- Installs with central heating and cooling systems to deliver whole-home comfort
- Eliminates maintenance hassles with easy-access pads
- Saves energy by eliminating constant cycling of air
- Whole-Home Comfort for All – The versatile design of TrueEASE humidifiers allows for installation in every home, including townhouses and condominiums where it once was impossible
- Eco-Friendly – TrueEASE automatically monitors the dryness in your home, and only uses running water and air through the system when humidity is needed – saving up to 10,000 gallons of water per year
- Reduced Heating Bills – In addition to keeping your home and family comfortable, TrueEASE can help reduce heating bills. Because humidified air feels warmer, you’ll be able to turn your thermostat down for energy savings.
- TrueEASE is installed out-of-sight by your heating and cooling professional into your home’s central heating and cooling system. You can forget about having to fill clunky, portable units because TrueEASE automatically fills itself.
- Simple Maintenance – User-friendly pad access makes maintenance easier than ever, which leads to sustained, long-term comfort
- Comes with a 5-Year Warranty
Call the Air Purification Experts
Understanding the importance of having clean air throughout your home is essential in keeping your family safe from the dangers caused by polluted indoor air. The Honeywell TrueEase Fan-Powered Humidifier HE300 can guarantee your home will be safer and healthier by adding the right amount of moisture to the air that circulates throughout your home.
Through the years, New Berlin Heating and Air Conditioning has been providing the heating and air conditioningneeds of our loyal customers in Menomonee Falls, WI. And because of commitment to quality workmanship and excellent customer service, we also have the lowest turnover rate of any HVAC dealer in the area.
Our technicians are highly trained and certified to service and install your heating, cooling and indoor air quality systems. We service all major brands of HVAC equipment, giving you a wide variety of heating and cooling products to choose from.