If you’re looking for better indoor air in your house, there are a few different things you can do to clean it up. While some may be more involved and require the installation of equipment, the experts here at New Berlin Heating & Air Conditioning are sharing some improvements you can make right now to improve your air quality. Read our air care tips below (and call 262-784-8889 for more help).
How Can Indoor Air Become Polluted?
Because our homes are closed up most of the time, the air inside can become more polluted than you think. Factors like humidity, mold, and controlled temperatures all play a role in contaminating your space. In fact, the air inside your home can be up to five times more polluted than outdoor air.
While contaminated air isn’t healthy for anyone, it’s especially harsh on family members who suffer from allergies or asthma. This is why it’s so important to ensure good air quality in your house.
What Can I Do for Better Indoor Air?
There are some simple ways you can create better air in your home immediately—and they’re easier than you might think.
- Switch out filters in your home regularly. Filters for your home’s HVAC systems should be changed regularly for maximum efficiency. If you have an air purifier, make sure to change out those filters often as well.
- Regularly vacuum rugs and carpets. Dust and allergens can become trapped in rugs and carpets throughout the house. Vacuum these surfaces frequently to help rid the air of these pollutants.
- Clean air ducts. If your air ducts are dirty or blocked, your air quality may be compromised. Hire a professional to check and clean your house’s air ducts.
- Adjust humidity levels. Maintaining proper humidity levels in the home can limit the growth of mold and mildew, especially during summer when humidity levels are high.
- Use vents while cooking. You might not even think about it, but using gas appliances can release harmful toxins into the air. Open kitchen vents or crack a window while cooking.
- Place live plants throughout your home. Plants are nature’s air filters. Adding a little greenery to your house can help filter out unwanted pollutants.
How Can I Ensure My Indoor Air Stays Clean?
If you’re considering a more permanent method for better indoor air, consider installing an air purification system. These units can be installed to integrate with your house’s HVAC system. This allows it to improve the quality of air in every room in the house by removing allergens and any other harsh fumes that might be present. The best part is that it runs automatically, so you don’t need to do a thing to make sure your air quality is always high.
Are you interested in more information about your indoor air quality? New Berlin Heating can help. Call us today at 262-784-8889 or contact us online to learn more about how we can keep your family healthy and comfortable.